In honour of International Worker’s Day, I’ve compiled a Work! spinning playlist for Spin Mix 40.
If your country celebrates labourers and the working class, then you probably have the day off today (yay!). I do. This month I’ve decided to compile a spinning playlist to commemorate May Day and all the 9-to-5ers.
We start the ride off with a slow warm up, and then about halfway through we start to climb. And as always, what goes up must come down – but it’s hard and fast.
Any requests? Drop a comment down below!
1. Working Man (Imagine Dragons) – warm up
2. The New Workout Plan (Kanye West) – quick spin, halfway start a standing climb as a warm up out of the saddle
3. Work (Kelly Rowland) – resistance at 4 or 5, jumps on the chorus
4. Work It (Missy Elliot) – flat road in arrow position
5. Work Hard, Play Hard (Wiz Khalifa) – standing climb, start with resistance at a 6, after one minute click it up to a 7, after another minute click it up to an 8
6. Werkin’ Girls (Angel Haze) – seated climb, start with resistance at a 6, after one minute click it up to a 7, after another minute click it up to an 8
7. Work (Iggy Azalea) – standing climb, keep the resistance where it is and get up out the saddle
8. Whistle While You Work It (Katy Tiz) – seated climb, click the resistance down to a 5 and have a seat
9. Go To Work (Gloria Prince) – standing climb, click the resistance up to a 8 and get up out the saddle
10. Work Bitch (Britney Spears) – sprint, keep as much resistance as if comfortable for a downhill sprint, but don’t try to keep up with the BPM, it’s hella fast
11. Work (Rihanna) – cool down
If you’re not sure what each of the prompts above mean, then check out ride guide my post on what these terms mean.
Want to receive playlists like these (and more original content) directly to your Inbox? Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. If you sign up now, I’ll throw in my 5 favourite playlists for FREE!