Whether you’re in the middle of winter or summer, there’s always room for a good sweet potato curry.
It’s not intentional, really, it isn’t. These days I just seem to be drawn to curries. And yummy, comforting curries too! I tried this recipe a while ago and my husband absolutely loved it. You can make the curry as hot/spicy as you’d like, all depending on your taste and comfort level lol
The original recipe for this creamy sweet potato curry, from which I was inspired, can be found over here at pinchofyum.com.
1 tablespoon oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
Enough sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed, to serve 4 people
2 – 3 tablespoons curry paste
A 400ml can coconut milk
½ to 1 cup broth or water
½ handful of All Spice berries
½ handful of cardamom pods
Chopped dhania (coriander)
3 – 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- Start your rice (if you’re serving this over rice, which I highly recommend).
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, then add the onions and fry until soft.
- Add the sweet potatoes and stir to coat with oil.
- Add the curry paste and stir until well-combined.
- Add the coconut milk, broth, All Spice berries and cardamom pods, and simmer over low heat for 10 – 15 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in the dhania and spinach until wilted.
- Serve over rice.
Looking for more plant-based recipes? You can find them here.